From the Editor's Desk: Entering India

Funny thing about traveling: Once you start learning about other parts of the world, you tend to want to learn more. That's hardly a new revelation, nor am I some great explorer or anything. There are still lots of places I want to go, lots of cultures I want to learn more about. That's especially important given the political rhetoric here in the U.S. of late (and to the rest of the world, do know that the vast majority of us here are not that crazy), and the all-too-many incidents of violence worldwide.

So, I want to learn more. And we're going to start in India.

It's an obvious location, of course, with 1.2 billion people living there. Like China's 1.3 billion, that's a number so big in a nation so geographically large I can't really comprehend it. So I'm learning right along here.

We're fortunate to have Harish and Abhishek — two members of our dedicated Mobile Nations newsroom team — in India. They're leading this effort for us for the obvious reasons. You're already seeing more Indian news coverage. And be sure to check out their primer on the basics of the mobile market in India. We'll be doing more device reviews from that part of the world as well.

It's been pretty eye-opening already. And I can't wait to see what else comes from it.

A few other thoughts on the week that was ...

  • Black Friday became Black November this year. Enough.
  • I am an Elf on the Shelf enabler. And a bad one at that. The damned thing already forgot to move on its second night back.
  • Interesting story behind that elf, actually.
  • Finally did my second opinion on the Nexus 6P. It's maybe not my favorite phone of the year, but it's absolutely the best one to get.
  • And if you're getting a new Nexus phone, get Project Fi. It's so easy.
  • This did surprisingly well. As did this one. More to come.
  • The Sweet Soul Revival station on Google Play Music is ridiculously good.
  • As is this Leon Bridges record.
  • Yes, I still say "record." Ask your parents, kids.
  • I picked up a Lumia 950XL. Still getting to know it, but it's like it's trying so hard to do things that Android simply does easier and better.

That's it for this week. December's nearly upon us. Time for another silly season.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.